The World Council for Health (WCH) supports the government of El Salvador in their new Covid-19 advertising campaign and urges other countries to follow their lead.
Instead of pushing for vaccine mandates and encouraging citizens to take an experimental booster injection, the government of El Salvador has taken the high road by promoting a healthy lifestyle to prevent Covid-19 in a new video ad.
The ad rightly explains that a healthy lifestyle, including exercise and a healthy diet, are all safe and easy preventative measures that everyone can take. The ad also highlights what groups are most at risk of mortality, something some governments and public health organizations shy away from addressing.
WCH commends El Salvador for its creative, holistic, and preventative approach to combating Covid-19.
El Salvador President Nayib Bukele recently shared the new video online:
Below is an English translation of El Salvador’s ad campaign video:
“Maintaining a healthy lifestyle also helps reduce complications from COVID-19.
The groups most at risk of mortality are older adults and people with obesity, hypertension, diabetes, and chronic diseases.
Therefore, put these recommendations into practice:
- Eat a healthy balanced diet to get closer to your ideal weight.
- Do outdoor activities so you can breathe fresh air and get some sun, what your body needs to make vitamin D.
- Drink at least two liters of water a day to keep your kidneys healthy.
- Reduce stress by spending time with yourself such as doing yoga or reading a book.
- Try to sleep no less than 6 hours a day.
- Include citrus fruits in your diet, such as lemons, oranges, or tangerines.
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages, foods high in sugar or saturated fat.
Today more than ever we must take care of each other.
Government of El Salvador.”