Misty Winston: Press Freedom and the Fight to Free Assange
Joining us live from the United States on Julian Assange’s 52nd birthday, Misty Winston spoke with WCH Steering Committee member Emma Sron about press freedom and the fight to free Assange at General Assembly Meeting #94.
Who is Misty Winston?
- Misty Winston is an activist whose work has been focused on press freedom, free speech, and anti-imperialism.
- Misty co-hosts online vigils with Action 4 Assange (Twitter, YouTube), a decentralized activist network working to promote the cause of free speech and freeing Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning. She also hosts The Misty Winston Show on TNT Radio.
About Julian Assange
- To learn more about what happened to Julian Assange, Misty Winston recommends reading the book ‘The Trial of Julian Assange: A Story of Persecution‘ by Nils Melzer, a Professor of International Law at the University of Glasgow and former United Nations official.
- Misty also suggests studying Kevin Gosztola’s website Shadowproof.com for details about the Assange case and following @Candles4Assange on Twitter for all the global actions & events, as well as Julian’s wife Stella Assange for overall updates related to her husband.
- You can write a letter to Julian Assange at WriteJulian.com.